About Working Well in Halton
Working Well in Halton is the Health Department’s workplace health program. The goal of the program is to improve the health of Halton Region organizations, their employees and their families.
Investing in workplace wellness
With more than 17 million Canadians spending more than half of their waking hours at work, many organizations are examining the health of their workplace. Employers can play a significant role in improving their employees' health.
A healthy workplace can:
- Reduce absenteeism, presenteeism, injuries and sick days
- Attract and retain the best employees while reducing employee turnover
- Increase productivity, job satisfaction and morale
- Decrease health expenses, insurance and benefits costs
- Improve corporate reputation and image
Services and support
Working Well in Halton provides the following services at no cost to local workplaces:
- Monthly e-newsletter
- Consultations to assess your workplace needs and provide support and assistance to make your workplace healthy
We can assist your workplace with addressing:
- Active transportation to work
- Alcohol, cannabis/marijuana and tobacco
- Cancer prevention and screening
- Healthy nutrition
- Healthy workplace design
- Mental health and workplace stress
- Physical activity and sedentary behaviours
- Sun protection
Working Well in Halton also offers a number of toolkits, fact sheets, webinar recordings and posters to support your workplace wellness needs.