Underground pipes installed around the foundation of your home, called weeping tiles, collect groundwater in order to drain it away from the foundation of your home. In older homes, weeping tiles may drain into the sanitary sewer system. Halton encourages homeowners to disconnect their weeping tiles from the sanitary sewer system and re-connect them to a sump pump. This improvement will significantly reduce the amount of storm water entering into the wastewater system resulting in a reduced risk of basement flooding due to sewer backup.
Halton will cover 100% of the costs to disconnect weeping tiles and install a sump pump, up to a maximum of $5,000. To be eligible, the work must include disconnecting the weeping tiles from the sanitary sewer system, and residents must use a contractor from our list of authorized contractors.
Weeping Tile Disconnection Authorized Contractors List
Homeowners will only be eligible for the 100% Weeping Tile Disconnection subsidy if the work has been competed by one of the following authorized contractors:
- Anta Plumbing - 905-332-1230
- Basement Technologies - 905-527-3325
- Bosco Home Services - 905-840-5655
- Cap Waterproofing & Drains Inc - 905-632-6608
- Drain Rescue - 905-634-0147
- OMNI Basement Systems - 905-296-6664
- Phil Groves - 905-681-8082
- Plugged Piper - 905-333-3044
- Plumbing Dunn Right - 905-699-3540
- Plumbway - 905-681-6545
- Rain Drain - 519-443-0838
- RCC Waterproofing - 416-747-1920
- Rooter-man Plumbing & Drain Services - 905-564-5060
- Roto-Rooter - 905-570-8788
- Umbrella Waterproofing and Plumbing Solutions - 905-538-7162
- WM Groves - 905-545-1117
For more information about how you can get on the Weeping Tile Disconnection Authorized Contractors list, please contact us via email at or by telephone at 905-825-6000 ext. 7366.
Disclaimer: The work completed by a contractor is based upon an agreement between the homeowner and contractor. The Region is not responsible for any damages, losses or misconduct performed by your chosen contractor. For more details, please reference the Regional Municipality of Halton Basement Flooding Prevention Subsidy Program waiver form. It is recommended that homeowners obtain multiple quotes and request and follow up with the contractor’s references. Please note the Better Business Bureau is also available for homeowners to obtain reliability reports on contractors.