Try the new

The Villages of Halton - FAQ's

Which long-term care homes are operated by Halton Region?
Halton Region operates three long-term care homes – Allendale in Milton, Post Inn Village in Oakville and Creek Way Village in Burlington.

How do I apply for long-term care?
The Local Health Integration Network (LHIN) (formerly CCAC) determines eligibility and coordinates the application process for long-term care. For more information please contact your Local Health Integration Network at:

  • 1-800-810-0000 (Burlington)
  • 1-877-336-9090 (Oakville, Milton or Halton Hills).

You can also visit the LHIN Home and Community Care website for more detailed information. 

Is there a waiting list for the Regional long-term care homes? 
Yes, the long-term care homes do have a waiting list which is managed by the Local Health Integration Network (LHIN)  (formerly CCAC). The LHIN determines an individual’s priority on the list. 

What kind of accommodation is available?
Long-term care homes offer different types of accommodation which can include basic, semi-private and private accommodation.

Is there accommodation for couples?
Yes, our homes can accommodate couples who wish to share a room. 

How much does long-term care cost? 
  Rates for long-term care are set by the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long Term Care External Link and are the same for all long-term care homes in Ontario. Accommodation rates vary depending on the room type. Current rates External Link (effective July 1, 2015 and subject to change) .

top of page

What services are provided for residents?
Services in long-term care include:

  • nursing and personal care
  • regular care by an attending physician
  • medication administration and treatment
  • assistance with personal care and activities of daily living
  • 24 hour supervision
  • recreational programs
  • meal and nutrition services
  • dietician support
  • physiotherapy services
  • social work
  • housekeeping and laundry services

What levels of care do you provide?
Our homes provide varying care levels and each has a secure care unit.
top of page

Are there extra costs for services outside of the accommodation rate? Yes, some services such as phone or cable connection, hairdressing services, chiropody (advanced foot care), outings etc. are offered at an additional cost.

What kind of medical services are provided? Each of our long-term care homes has a Medical Director who is responsible overseeing the delivery of medical care. Attending physicians also visit weekly to manage and monitor residents care.
top of page

How do I arrange for a tour of Allendale, Post Inn Village or Creek Way Village?
Each of our homes offers regular weekly tours. We welcome you to come and take a look. The Villages of Halton offer tours on the following days and times. Please phone to schedule a tour.

  • Allendale in Milton:
    • Tuesdays at 9:30 a.m.,
    • 2nd and 4th Wednesday of the month at 6:30 p.m.,
    • 2nd Sunday of the month at 11:00 a.m.
  • Creek Way Village in Burlington:
    • Wednesdays at 3:30 p.m.
    • Thursdays at 6:30 p.m.
  • Post Inn Village in Oakville:
    • Wednesdays at 2:30 p.m.
    • Thursdays at 11:00 a.m.
For more information or to book a tour, please contact:

Halton Region
Submit a request
Cancel a registration
Dial 311 or 905-825-6000
Toll Free: 1-866-4HALTON (1-866-442-5866)
TTY: 905-827-9833

top of page