Try the new

Supportive Housing - Supports for Daily Living

Halton Region offers a Supportive Housing Program and a Supports for Daily Living program which provide personal support by qualified staff, which can include, but is not limited to:
  • Personal care; bathing, mouth and/or hair care, preventative skin care.
  • Personal support/assistance; dressing/undressing, assistance with pre-measured medication, exercising, reassurance and safety checks.
  • Homemaking services; light housekeeping and laundry, meal services.

Supports for Daily Living

A new Supports for Daily Living program opened at John R. Rhodes Senior Citizens Residence in Oakville in August 2009. Halton Region provides this service to the residents of John R. Rhodes Seniors Residence and eligible individuals living in the surrounding Kerr Street neighbourhood.

Clients must require at least 1.5 hours of care per day and must pay for a monthly emergency response program such as ConnectCARE to enable program staff to provide urgent response to clients, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

top of page 

Bonnie Place II

Applications for new below-market rent units at Bonnie Place II in Burlington are now being accepted. Located at 510 Claridge Road in Burlington mapExternal Link, Bonnie Place II is an affordable housing development for seniors 60+. The building will provide 76 below-market rental units. Supportive Housing Services will also be available at Bonnie Place II.


If you live in Halton and are a senior who requires personal care assistance/support for daily living activities you may be eligible for the Supportive Housing program or Supports for Daily Living program. Applicants must be able to direct and participate in their own care.

top of page

Is there a fee?

There is no charge for the personal support services, however it is required that all Supportive Housing and Supports for Daily Living clients be connected to an Emergency Response SystemExternal Link. You are responsible for the cost of this service which is approximately $45 per month. Meal services are available, and are paid for by the client.

Professional services

All professional services (e.g. nursing) are provided through the Community Care Access Centre.External Link

  • In Burlington call 1-800-810-0000.
  • In North Halton, Oakville and Milton call 1-877-336-9090.

The Support Services Coordinator for the Supportive Housing Program, the Supports for Daily Living Program Coordinator and the CCAC Case Manager work closely together to ensure that the seniors' needs are met.

top of page

How to apply

  • To apply for the Supportive Housing programs for Wellington Terrace and the Bruce Apartments contact us.
  • For Bonnie Place call 905.634.0046.
  • To apply for the Supports for Daily Living program at John R. Rhodes Seniors Residence contact us.

top of page