Try the new

How to Seek Help with your Child’s Development

Don’t take a ‘Wait and See’ approach.

What can I do if I have questions or concerns?

  • Complete the Nipissing District Developmental Screen™ (NDDS) as a first step to learn if your child is on track with their development.
    • Contact Halton Region, or talk to your doctor or childcare provider if you have checked any 'no's' on the NDDS.
  • Attend the ASK Program which is offered at various locations across Halton, to meet with professional staff who can briefly screen and assess your child in the areas of speech and language, hearing and/or behaviour. The consultation is free and available to children three and older.
top of page

What programs and services are offered by Halton Region?

  • Telephone support: We have nurses and experts in child development available Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. who can answer any questions you may have about your child. Contact us.
  • Resources: We can provide you with resources to help support your child’s development.
  • Developmental expertise: We can suggest activities that you can do with your child .
  • Community linkages: We can link you to local programs, services and supports
  • Services and supports for children with special needs.
  • Professional support: We have staff with expertise in every age and stage of parenting to help you throughout your entire parenting journey: from pregnancy through to raising teenagers!
  • Online support: HaltonParents, an online resource, also provides latest parenting news, tips, health information, local events and so much more – no matter the age of your child:
  • Halton Parents Twitter logo Twitter logoWordPress logo

top of page

Resources to help with your Child’s Development

top of page

What are the advantages to seeking help?

Advantages for Your Child

Advantages for Parents

top of page