Family Related Expenses

Did you know…? Halton Region may be able to help you with the cost of:

  • Child care (The child care subsidy program helps with the cost of licensed child care. If you have to pay child care in advance the Ontario Works program may be able to provide a one-time payment to help you with expenses.)
  • Activities for children (subsidies for recreational activities such as sports, art and music). All children should have the opportunity to play, learn and grow!
  • Eyeglasses/ eye appointments (all children receive coverage for basic vision care).
  • Dental care/emergencies (Dental Fee Assistance for all ages and Healthy Smiles Ontario for ages 17 and under)

TIP - We can also help you obtain other forms of income that may be available to you including child and spousal support.

Our Family Support Program can help you develop a private written agreement and/or help you secure a court order. In addition, we can connect you with the Family Responsibility Office (FRO) external link, which helps families receive the financial support they are entitled to by enforcing court ordered support and responsibilities.