Try the new

Entrance Permits

An Entrance Permit is required if you want to:

  • Build a new entrance to your property from a Regional Road.
  • Change the location of an existing entrance to your property from a Regional Road.
  • Change use of an existing entrance to a property from a Regional Road.

Application Procedure

  1. Submit a completed Entrance Permit Application Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF)  22 KB.
  2. The proposed Entrance must be staked out in the field by the Applicant. The stakes are to be placed in a conspicuous location and must be painted with a bright fluorescent paint. Failure to stake out the Entrance will slow the review and approval of your Application.
  3. This Application will be forwarded to the Region of Halton’s Transportation Department who will review and approve your Entrance. The Applicant is responsible to perform work and pay fees for appropriate inspections and deposits.
  4. Once this Application has been approved, you will be contacted by the Services Permit Group for you to make an appointment for you to come in to the Regional offices to pay for and create your Entrance Permit. There is no payment to be made with your application.
  5. The fees are payable by cash, credit card, debit card or cheque. Cheques are made payable to ‘The Regional Municipality of Halton’. We cannot accept American Express nor Visa Debit cards. The credit card must be present for payment. Note that fees will change annually.
  6. The Permit that will be issued will be valid for one (1) year from the date of issuance.

Where to Submit the Application

The Entrance Permit application must be submitted directly to:

  • Service Permits staff - Public Works Counter
    1151 Bronte Road, Oakville (view map External link)
    Halton Regional Administrative Building