Try the new

Income Reporting

Declaring any income that you receive is required by the Ontario Works program on a monthly basis. You will receive an income reporting statement each month. If you receive income during the month, you must report the income to your Case Manager’s office by the 16th of each month.

Examples of sources of income may include employment earnings, training allowances, boarder income, sponsorship payments, WSIB benefits, pensions, interest and dividends, repayment of a loan, insurance or accident claims, self-employment or farm income, OSAP, spousal support, EI benefits, War Veterans’ Allowance, sales of assets, legal settlements, inheritance or lotteries and compensation for victims of crime.

Proper and careful completion of your Statement of Income is critical if you are going to receive your monthly financial assistance cheque.

  • Fill in every box - if you have no income to report write “nil” in each box.
  • Report and give proof of all money or income you receive regardless of the amount.
  • Return your Statement of Income by the 16th of each month.
  • Read the declaration before you sign, as this is a legal document.

If you have any questions regarding the status of your cheque or your eligibility with the Ontario Works Program, please call the toll free Interactive Voice Response at 1-800-808-2268.

You may be eligible for an Income Reporting Statement waiver if you are an ongoing participant in the Ontario Works program. Please inquire with your Case Manager.