Research shows that quality in early learning and child care programs is essential for the health, safety and well-being of children. Halton supports the development of quality programs, provides resources and supports to the community, and supports The Halton Resource Connection (THRC).
Supports for Educators and Operators
The Halton Resource Connection
As a leader and essential partner for professional excellence in the Halton Early Learning and Care community, THRC offers program supports, professional learning, resource library, Quality First and the Centralized Intake Line. For more information and to register for events see https://www.thrc.ca
Program Support Services Team (PSST)
Halton Region Program Support Consultants are available to support educators and leaders in their daily practice and their professional learning journey.
Program support services include:
- Customized professional learning opportunities: community and centre-based
- Program development for quality practices including support for How Does Learning Happen? Ontario’s Pedagogy for the Early Years
- Resource materials including program/environment assessment tools
- Support for licensees including policy development, administration, leadership
- Support to non-profit boards: roles and responsibilities, strategic planning
Call Centralized Intake at 905-875-4600 ext. 133