Do you want to learn how to improve your health and the health of your baby? The Halton Prenatal Nutrition Program (HPNP) is free and runs year round. Come out weekly and enjoy a healthy meal in a friendly environment, surrounded by other pregnant and new parents looking to learn and meet new friends.
What is the Halton Prenatal Nutrition Program (HPNP)?
This is a free, weekly program for parents who are pregnant until baby is 6 weeks old, run by public health nurses and a dietitian. HPNP offers:
- A welcoming environment for young pregnant parents, families new to Canada or new to their community and those needing extra support
- An opportunity to learn about pregnancy and parenting
- A connection to services available in the community
- A healthy meal each week, and help accessing healthy foods and vitamins
- A chance to meet other parents and make new friends
When can I join HPNP?
- Anytime during your pregnancy.
- New participants are always welcome. No pre-registration required.
What support is available at HPNP?
- Sessions are delivered by a public health nurse or dietitian and food co-ordinator
- Learn about:
- how to have a healthy pregnancy
- what you can do to support labour and birth
- baby health and development
- becoming a new parent
- healthy nutrition
Receive support with accessing:
- Prenatal vitamins
- Vitamin D for baby
- Fresh food
Interpreter services are available as required.
Child minding is not available for siblings at HPNP. If you have older children, and would like to learn about other parenting supports, please email us at email@example.com.
Session Times and Locations
- Group (or Class) time: Fridays, 12:00p.m. - 1:00p.m.
- Please email HPNP@halton.ca or call 311 to receive a Zoom invitation.