2020 Employment Survey – We want to hear from you!
The 2020 Employment Survey took place between September 8 and December 31, 2020. A team of surveyors from the Region’s Planning Services Division reached out to businesses in Halton to gather information about:
- the number of employees working at the place of employment;
- the type of employment that’s taking place there; and
- the type of business activity at the place of employment.
Thank you to all businesses who participated!
Help the Region plan for the future!
Each year, Halton Region collects information on businesses and employment in the region through an Employment Survey. Information gathered through the annual survey helps the Region:
- monitor the region’s economic health and assess trends in economic development (e.g., local economic activity and land use patterns)
- monitor and implement land use targets
- support water, wastewater and transportation master plans
The Employment Survey is an important resource that helps Halton Region effectively plan for growth, stimulate job growth and economic development as identified in Halton Region’s Strategic Business Plan 2019 - 2022 (PDF file).
All data collected from the survey is consolidated and released to the public though the Employment Survey Results report. Individual business information is neither identifiable nor published in the report.
2019 Employment Survey Results
The 2019 Employment Survey took place between May 13 and September 30, 2019. The results of the Employment Survey are now available online.
The results of the Employment Survey are presented annually through the Employment Survey Results report. Previous reports are available upon request by emailing email@example.com or calling 311.