Recycling and Waste
- Curbside collection programs:
- Curbside collection programs will continue, including Blue Box, Green Cart, Yard Waste, Bulk Waste, metal and appliance appointments and garbage. View your weekly schedule.
- Please wrap all mattresses and box springs in plastic before placing at the curb for bulk waste collection.
- Please bag and tie all garbage and organic material. Loose items will not be collected.
- Pickup or exchange of Blue Boxes and Green Carts: Service is available at Halton Waste Management site only. To limit interaction with staff, residents will be required to pick up their own and carry them to their vehicles. To ensure a sufficient supply for residents, one Blue Box and one Green Cart per vehicle is permitted.
- Garbage tags: Service is available online. Tags are also available for purchase at select locations. Find pickup locations.
- Diaper tags: Service is available online.
- Halton Waste Management Site (HWMS):
- Regular operating hours still in effect.
- Only credit or debit will be accepted (no cash or coins).
- Donation drop-off at the Reuse Depot has resumed. Furniture is not being accepted at this time.
- Reuse Paint and Stain Depot remains closed until further notice. Please check our Recycling and Waste webpage for updates.
- The Spring and Fall Compost Giveaways will be held in 2022, with dates to be determined. Please check halton.ca/waste in April for more details.
- Food bank donations are encouraged.
- Tours have been suspended until further notice.
- Special Waste Drop-off Days: Events are will be held in 2022 with dates and locations to be determined. Please check halton.ca/waste in April for more details.
- Housing: Services are available online or by calling 311. Essential in-person services are available by appointment.
- Shelters (family and individual): Services are available online. For emergency shelter services, please call 311.
- Oral Health: Service is available online or documents can be placed in the drop off box at Halton Regional Centre.
Open spaces (per Provincial emergency order)
- Basketball courts playgrounds and outdoor amenities are open.
- Outdoor allotment gardens, community gardens, and outdoor picnic sites/shelters/benches in recreational areas are open.
- Halton Regional forests: reopened on May 22, 2020. Please continue to practice physical distancing while visiting these spaces to help protect yourself and others.
- Millennium Garden (Halton Regional Centre): (Google map) closed until further notice.
The Stop Smoking Clinic