Recycling and Waste
- Curbside collection programs:
- Curbside collection programs will continue, including Blue Box, Green Cart, Yard Waste, Bulk Waste, metal and appliance appointments and garbage. View your weekly schedule.
- Please wrap all mattresses and box springs in plastic before placing at the curb for bulk waste collection.
- Please bag and tie all garbage and organic material. Loose items will not be collected.
- Pickup or exchange of Blue Boxes and Green Carts: Service is available at Halton Waste Management site only. To limit interaction with staff, residents will be required to pick up their own and carry them to their vehicles.
- Garbage tags: Service is available online. Tags are also available for purchase at select retail locations. Find pickup locations.
- Diaper tags: Service is available online.
- Halton Waste Management Site (HWMS):
- Regular operating hours still in effect.
- Only credit or debit will be accepted (no cash or coins).
- HWMS Spring Sunday Openings in May and June have been cancelled through June 30.
- Donation drop-off at the Reuse Depot has resumed. Furniture is not being accepted at this time.
- Reuse Paint and Stain Depot remains closed until further notice.
- The Fall Compost Giveaway has been cancelled.
- Please consider donating to your local food bank in lieu of this event.
- Tours have been suspended until further notice.
- Special Waste Drop-off Days: Events are cancelled for 2020.
- Housing: Services are available online or by calling 311. Essential in-person services are available by appointment.
- Shelters (family and individual): Services are available online. For emergency shelter services, please call 311.
- Rain Barrel Sales: All rain barrel sales have been cancelled for 2021.
- Well Water Quality Testing: Well water samples can be dropped off at Halton Regional Centre.
- Oral Health: Service is available online or documents can be placed in the drop off box at Halton Regional Centre.
Open spaces (per Provincial emergency order)
- Basketball courts: closed until further notice.
- Outdoor allotment gardens, community gardens, and outdoor picnic sites/shelters/benches in recreational areas: closed until further notice.
- Halton Regional forests: reopened on May 22, 2020. Please continue to practice physical distancing while visiting these spaces to help protect yourself and others.
- Millennium Garden (Halton Regional Centre): (Google map) closed until further notice.
The Stop Smoking Clinic