The COVID-19 pandemic is challenging all aspects of our lives and as an employer, there are steps you can take to support your employee's health and mental well-being during this difficult time.
- Provide regular communication to your employees regarding steps your workplace is taking to adapt to the pandemic including their expected roles.
- Offer flexible work options (including working remotely) to staff where possible.
- Consider reviewing sick leave policies for employees who are ill.
- Promote your Employee Assistance Program if your employees need additional support.
- Promote local mental health supports in Halton.
Employers can visit the Public Health Agency of Canada's Preventing COVID-19 in the workplace: Employers, employees and essential service workers page for further information.