- Halton residents who are 40 years of age and older (born in or before 1981) who cannot work from home can now book their COVID-19 vaccination appointments through our online booking system. This group will be followed by additional age cohorts. For more information, please read our May 3 media release or visit our eligibility in Halton webpage.
- Halton residents who are 16 years of age and older living in the Milton L9E postal code area (a designated hot spot) can now book their COVID-19 vaccination appointments through our online booking system.
- Several pharmacies in Halton are now are offering the AstraZeneca vaccine to individuals aged 40+. The AstraZeneca vaccine is safe and effective in preventing severe illness and complications from COVID-19. Booking through a pharmacy is another option for eligible residents to get their vaccine and gain protection from COVID-19 as soon as possible. Earlier appointments may also be available through this program. Find a location and book now (external link).
- Multiple pharmacies are offering the AstraZeneca vaccine to individuals aged 40 years or older. All COVID-19 vaccines being provided have been approved by Health Canada, and are safe and effective in preventing severe illness, hospitalization, and death. Booking through a pharmacy is also another option for eligible residents to get their vaccine and gain protection from COVID-19 as soon as possible. To find a location and book an appointment, please visit ontario.ca/pharmacycovidvaccine (external link).
Book your appointment at a Halton COVID-19 Vaccination Clinic
Book your appointment now
Use the latest version of Chrome, Safari, Firefox or Microsoft Edge (windows 10 only)
- Before you book, confirm that you are currently eligible.
- COVID-19 vaccination requires two doses. Both of your appointments will be booked when completing the registration form.
- The booking system is for booking first doses only. If you have already received your first dose, please book your second dose at the same location you received your first dose.
- You will have the option to print your appointment information or receive a confirmation email. If you do not have an email account or printer, please have a pen and paper available to write down the date, time and location of your vaccination appointments.
- Each individual requires their own appointment—our booking system does not currently allow group bookings (for example, spouses/partners).
- A friend, family member or support person can book an appointment for you.
- If you are booking the appointment on behalf of someone else, you will be asked to provide your name, relationship with the client, and your contact information. By providing your contact information, the Region may contact you if there are important changes to the client’s appointment.
- Your appointment will not be confirmed until you complete the form by clicking “Book Now”.
Vaccination options in Halton
Eligible residents can book their COVID-19 vaccination appointment through Halton’s online booking system to be vaccinated at a Halton COVID-19 vaccination clinic or directly through participating pharmacies in Halton. All clinics and pharmacies are by appointment only (no walk-ins).
At this time, the Pfizer Health Canada (external link) and Moderna vaccines Health Canada (external link) are being provided at Halton community COVID-19 Vaccination Clinics. Please note that vaccine availability is based on federal and provincial allocation, and it is not possible to guarantee which vaccine will be provided at community clinics.
Please review the information below carefully. Please only book an appointment if you are eligible. Booking an appointment does not guarantee that you will get a vaccine. You will be required to provide proof of your eligibility when you arrive at your vaccination appointment. Find out who is currently eligible in Halton.
Halton Region Vaccination clinics
There are currently six Halton Vaccination Clinics located across the region offering the Pfizer-BioNTech (external link) and Moderna vaccines (external link). Both vaccines are safe and effective in preventing severe illness and complications from COVID-19. Find out who is currently eligible to be vaccinated at a Halton vaccination clinic.
- By appointment only, no walk-ins will be accepted
- Vaccine clinic check-in located in the main lobby. Enter hospital through East entrance or level 1 of the parking garage. Do not enter through COVID Testing (South) or Emergency Department entrances.
- Address: 3001 Hospital Gate, Oakville (Google Maps link)
- Parking: Free parking. Park in Lot #2 (off Third Line) or. If Lot #2 is full, you can also park in Lot #6 parking garage (off Hospital Gate; you will need to have your parking ticket validated for free parking in lot #6).
Accessibility, accommodation and language supports at the clinics
- If you will need a disability related accommodation (e.g., American Sign Language interpretation, the use of an assistive device) at the clinic, please let Halton Region know as soon as possible after booking your appointment by calling 311 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wheelchairs are available at each of the clinic sites.
- If you require support and are part of an eligible priority population, you may also book your appointment by calling 311 or 1-866-442-5866 (toll-free). Please only call 311 if you require assistance to ensure those that need support have access.
- Language interpretation services are available on site for residents who do not speak English.
- If you are able to, please drive yourself to the clinic or make arrangements for a ride from a family member or a support person. If you will be travelling to a clinic with someone from outside of your household, please review our COVID-19 Public Health Guidelines: Car Travel for tips on how to travel safely (PDF file).
- To ensure that we can accommodate those that need it most, residents are encouraged to make their own arrangements where possible.
- If transportation is a barrier to getting to your appointment:
Important: If using a local transportation service provider, you must provide your vaccination appointment Confirmation Number. This number was provided to you at the time of booking your appointment. You can use our Verify your appointment tool to obtain your appointment Confirmation Number. Please book transportation at least 48 hours in advance of your clinic appointment.
- call 311 to see if transportation assistance is available.
- you may be able to arrange a ride with one of the local taxi services listed below.
Local taxi services