The COVID-19 pandemic is challenging all aspects of our lives and as an employer, there are steps you can take to support your employee's health and well-being during this difficult time.
- Develop a contingency or business continuity plan that outlines how your business will operate if a significant number of employees, contractors or other suppliers cannot come to your place of business.
- Provide regular communication to your employees regarding steps your workplace is taking to prepare for/adapt to the pandemic including their expected roles.
- Offer flexible work options (including working remotely) to staff where possible.
- Consider reviewing sick leave policies for employees who are ill.
- Promote your Employee Assistance Program if your employees need additional support.
- Promote local mental health supports in Halton.
Employers can visit the Public Health Agency of Canada's Preventing COVID-19 in the workplace: Employers, employees and essential service workers page for further information.