There are several options for making a donation in support of Ukrainian newcomers and help them resettle in Halton.
- The Canadian Red Cross (external link) has launched the Ukraine Humanitarian Crisis Appeal to respond to the vast humanitarian needs that continue to arise due to the conflict. Donations will enable the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement to respond to humanitarian needs in Ukraine and surrounding countries, which includes immediate and ongoing relief efforts. For more information on these efforts please visit redcross.ca (external link).
- St. Joseph's Ukrainian Catholic Church (external link): In response to the Russian invasion of Ukraine, St. Joseph’s parish has undertaken a number of initiatives to provide assistance to the victims of war, including support for international students at local colleges, outreach to Ukrainian children from local Halton Catholic schools, preparations for the anticipated influx of Ukrainian arrivals, and collecting then shipping supplies to Ukraine residents in Poland. Donations to the church will cover the costs of running these programs. Financial donations to the church to support these efforts can be made by e-transferring money to email@example.com adding the comment "Humanitarian aid for Ukraine".
- St. Volodymyr (external link) is a Cultural Centre & Banquet Hall in Oakville asking those interested in supporting, please donate directly to credible organizations such as the Canada-Ukraine Foundation (external link).
- United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) (external link) is accepting donations to help ensure that Ukrainians forced to flee their homes are sheltered and safe.
- Wesley’s Ukraine Refugee Fund (external link) – a long-standing local non-profit, offering support for people experiencing poverty, homelessness, and barriers in the community. Wesley’s is working with community partners to welcome Ukrainian newcomers who arrive locally and are providing their expertise with resettlement.