Important information regarding Halton Public Health school programs
- Until further notice, Halton Region Public Health has temporarily suspended all school health programs. This includes:
- cancellation of suspensions and enforcement related to the Immunization of School Pupils Act (ISPA) for children born in 2010-2012;
- vaccine education sessions for parents and guardians;
- immunization and oral health clinics; and
- school health promotion activities performed by public health nurses.
- Please check back regularly for updates.
In Ontario, routine immunizations are mainly given in family doctor’s offices. However, Halton Region also offers Community Immunization Clinics for school-based immunizations.
Community Immunization Clinics are available for school-age children who have missed an immunization clinic at school, including:
- Hepatitis B
- Meningococcal ACYW
How to book an appointment
There is no cost for this service.
What to bring
Immunization history or yellow immunization card
What to expect
You will be asked to stay for 15 minutes after your child receives an immunization. The nurse will update your child’s immunization record.