How Halton Region Health Department Supports Physicians
Working with local health professionals, the Oral Health program assists with direct inquiries from physicians' about a patient's dental care needs and options, provides up to date resources concerning oral health information and practices. The Halton Region Health Department promotes good oral health practices to improve the health of all residents through:
- health promotion and education; and
- elementary school dental screening and tele-screening.
The Halton Region Health Department:
Supporting Patients in Financial Need
The Halton Region Health Department provides support and assistance to those residents in need of dental care through assessment and referral to one of the dental financial assistance programs.
Halton Region may be able to help if your patients:
- express concern regarding their teeth (or their child’s teeth)
- identify that they are from a low income household
- cannot afford the cost of dental treatment