New Online Youth Job Connection program
The Youth Job Connection (YJC) program is for individuals 15 to 29 years old who are currently unemployed, not attending or returning to full-time school or training, and looking for a job or career. To continue to support you during COVID-19, all workshops and support for the YJC program will be offered online or remotely. The first session will run for 3 weeks from July 6 to 24. The program will be offered monthly until the end of 2020.
Benefits for participants:
- 60 hours of paid, interactive pre-employment training to prepare youth for the workplace
- Career exploration
- Job search, resumé and interview support
- Workplace communication, time management and social media techniques
- Job maintenance skills and mentoring
- First Aid Awareness, WHMIS and Employment Standards
- Employment placement to gain valuable work experience
Please note: the program is delivered online, so it is required that you have access to a personal computer, reliable Wi-Fi/internet connection and privacy to attend online sessions with a webcam or camera.
If you are interested in participating, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name, home address, date of birth, telephone number and email address.
About the Youth Job Connection
The Youth Job Connection program serves youth aged 15 to 29 who experience multiple and/or complex barriers to employment by providing more intensive supports beyond traditional job search and placement opportunities.
Through the Youth Job Connection program, you get:
- at least 60 hours paid training to prepare you for the workplace;
- a job for up to 6 months; and
- mentorship, job-coaching and help with the transition from school to work, or to ongoing employment once the program ends.
For year-round opportunities, you must be:
- between 15 and 29 years old;
- not attending full-time school or training; and
- a resident of Ontario.
How to apply
If you think the Youth Job Connection program is a good fit for you, a young person you know, or if you are an employer that would like to participate, please contact Employment Halton.
Youth Job Connection calendar
Youth Job Connection program – November 2 to 20, 2020
Youth Job Connection program – November 30 to December 18
- Youth 15 – 29 years old, currently unemployed, looking for a job or career and not attending or returning to full-time school or training.
- For more information about the next session, please call 905-825-6000, ext. 2777 or email YJC@halton.ca.
Frequently asked questions
What will I learn?
Successful applicants will receive intensive, pre-employment training that will provide the foundation for long-term employability, including: labour market tools such as interview skills, assistance with resumés, career assessments/guidance, social media for the workplace and free professional certifications.
What kinds of jobs are available?
Opportunities will be available in a wide variety of sectors.
How much do these jobs pay?
Employment Halton will work with eligible employers to negotiate the salary on behalf of the youth participants. The program may contribute funding to employers to offset the costs of wages and training for placements. Salary is the employer’s decision, but at least minimum wage will be paid.