Halton residents are invited to attend the Spring Compost Giveaway, free of charge, as a thank-you for helping divert approximately 34,000 tonnes of yard waste last year. Residents may pick up the equivalent of 7 garbage bags of compost per household.
What should I bring?
- Residents are responsible for shovelling and bagging their own compost
- Yard waste bags, garbage bags, reusable containers, pick-up bed or trailer for hauling
- non-perishable food items or monetary donations to support local food banks are encouraged
- Produce high-quality fertilizer for your garden or lawn by composting your food and yard waste in your own backyard
- Purchase a composter (limit of 2 per household) for $15 each at the Halton Waste Management Site, call 311 to confirm availability.
- Composters can also be purchased at select hardware stores