The Halton Region Older Adult Plan 2015-2018 (PDF file) (HOAP) identifies how Halton Region will enhance policies, programs, services and environments to respond to its growing, aging population. This four-year corporate-wide plan focuses on priorities, objectives and actions that are within Halton Region’s authority to plan, manage and deliver.
Goal of the plan
The goal of HOAP is to support the health and well-being of older adults and promote healthy aging in Halton Region. It works to ensure equitable access to Halton Region's programs, services and information for older adults.
HOAP seeks to enhance quality of life for older adults in Halton Region by applying an older adult perspective to all Regional activities through:
- Meaningful engagement
- Strengthened community partnerships
- Integrated client-centred service delivery
What's in the plan
HOAP highlights Halton Region’s commitment to older adults and acknowledges that investments at every age support healthy aging in Halton. It contains strategies to build partnerships that will enhance innovation, service coordination and integrated service delivery with community partners.
The Plan aligns with other Regional plans and strategies including:
Detailed operational work plans that identify specific timing, outcomes and measures for the actions that will achieve HOAP's priorities and objectives also support the Plan.
HOAP has the following priorities:
- Consider older adults when developing policies and delivering programs
- Optimize the engagement of older adults with Halton Region
- Support the enhancement of aging-friendly Regional environments
- Support opportunities for older adults and Halton Region communities to prosper
- Support older adults to be active, be connected and age well
- Support older adults to maintain their independence