2019 Employment Survey
The 2019 Employment Survey took place between May 13 and September 30, 2019. A team of surveyors from the Region’s Planning Services Division visited all visible places of business in Halton to gather information about:
- The number of employees working at each location;
- The type of employment that’s taking place there; and
- Characteristics of the buildings in which businesses are located.
Help the Region plan for the future!
Each year, Halton Region collects information on businesses and employment in the region through an Employment Survey. Information gathered through the annual survey helps the Region:
- monitor the region’s economic health and assess trends in economic development (e.g., local economic activity and land use patterns)
- monitor and implement land use targets
- support water, wastewater and transportation master plans
The Employment Survey is an important resource that helps Halton Region effectively plan for growth, stimulate job growth and economic development as identified in Halton Region’s Strategic Business Plan 2019 - 2022 (PDF file).
All data collected from the survey is consolidated and released to the public though the Employment Survey Results report. Individual business information is neither identifiable nor published in the report.
The 2018 Employment Survey Results report (PDF file) is available online.
Employment Survey results
The results of the Employment Survey are presented annually through the Employment Survey Results report. These reports provide Employment Survey data, with a focus on the characteristics of industry, businesses, and jobs in Halton and its four local municipalities.
For more information, contact email@example.com or call 311.
Highlights from the 2018 Employment Survey Results report
Key findings of Halton Region’s 2018 Employment Survey Results report (PDF file):
- Halton’s employment areas represent about eight per cent of total lands.
- 43.2 per cent of businesses and 52.9 per cent of jobs were located within employment areas.
- 229,130 jobs and 13,296 businesses were located in Halton.
- 70.8 per cent of total jobs were full-time.
- Top three employment sectors: retail trade, manufacturing and education services.