2019 Employment Survey
The 2019 Employment Survey takes place between May 13 and September 30, 2019. A team of surveyors from the Region’s Planning Services Division will visit each and every business in Halton to gather information about:
- The number of employees working at each location;
- The type of employment that’s taking place there; and
- Characteristics of the buildings in which businesses are located.
Business representatives can now complete the 2019 Employment Survey questionnaire online!
Help the Region plan for the future!
Each year, Halton Region collects information on businesses and employment in the region through an Employment Survey. Information gathered through the annual survey helps the Region:
- monitor the region’s economic health and assess trends in economic development (e.g., local economic activity and land use patterns)
- monitor and implement land use targets
- support water, wastewater and transportation master plans
The Employment Survey helps Halton Region effectively plan for growth, attract new businesses and visitors, and support economic sustainability in Halton—all key priorities in Halton Region’s Strategic Action Plan 2015–2018.
All data collected from the survey is consolidated and released to the public though the Employment Survey Results report. Individual business information is neither identifiable nor published in the report.
A report on the results of the 2018 Employment Survey will be made available in 2019.
Employment Survey results
The results of the Employment Survey are presented annually through the Employment Survey Results report. These reports provide Employment Survey data, with a focus on the characteristics of industry, businesses, and jobs in Halton and its four local municipalities.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or dial 311.
Highlights from the 2017 Employment Survey Results report
Key findings of Halton Region’s 2017 Employment Survey Results report (PDF file):
- The number of jobs increased by 3% from 2016 to 2017, accounting for 7,277 jobs.
- Over 90% of businesses surveyed in 2016 were still operating in 2017.
- The top three employment sectors in Halton are retail trade, manufacturing and educational services.
- Most jobs in Halton provided full-time employment (70%).
- 40% of Halton’s businesses and 54% of Halton’s jobs were located within Halton’s designated employment areas.
- Over half of Halton’s businesses in Halton are independently owned (63%).
- Throughout Halton, retail stores and offices are the most common types of non-residential buildings.