Summer Students Program
May to August 2021
One awesome summer gig. Four months of hands-on experience. Countless doors opened.
Each summer, Halton Region offers paid work opportunities to eligible post-secondary students. As part of our team, you will gain invaluable hands-on experience in your field and develop skills that can help you achieve your future career goals.
- Our Summer Student program lets you explore your career options! At Halton, you’ll discover what it’s like to work in your field of interest.
- You’ll experience hands-on training and gain valuable work experience for your resume.
- A position at Halton will expand your knowledge and skills while helping you build the skill set you need for an amazing career.
- Job opportunities for positions will be posted from December 14, 2020 to January 6, 2021.
- If you are selected for an interview, you will receive an email suggesting dates and times. Interviews will take place from February 15 to March 5, 2021.
- The employment period runs from May 3 to September 3, 2021.
Please note: Only candidates considered for a position will be contacted for an interview. Due to the high volume of applications we receive for these positions, we are unable to provide status updates for applications.
- Currently enrolled in full-time studies as part of a post-secondary program.
- Returning to full-time studies in September 2021.
- Legally eligible to work in Canada as a student.
Fields of employment
Opportunities vary depending on the needs of each department. For the 2021 term, Halton posted positions in the following areas:
Chief Administrative Officer’s (CAO’s) Office
- Strategic Policy & Government Relations
- Financial Services and Payroll
- Supply Chain Management
- Health Protection
- Paramedic Services (logistics)
Legislative & Planning Services Department
- Economic Development
- Planning Services
- Human Resource Services
Public Works Department
- Engineering and Construction
- Waste Management and Road Operations
- Water and Wastewater System Services
- Water and Wastewater Treatment
- Infrastructure Planning & Policy
Strategic Transformation Group
- Information Technology
- Energy, Fleet & Facilities
- Communications & Customer Service
Social & Community Services Department
- Children’s Services
- Housing Services
- Employment & Social Services
Summer student video