Halton Region's Accessibility Plan and Policy
To guide our actions in removing barriers and meeting our obligations under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) 2005 and Ontario Regulation 191/11 - Integrated Accessibility Standards, Halton Region has developed a multi-year plan and an accessibility policy that address the following areas:
Halton Region Accessibility Plan 2018-2023
2018 Annual Update – Halton Region Accessibility Plan 2018-2023 (PDF file)
Halton Region Accessibility Policy
- customer service
- information and communications
- design of public spaces
Accessible Customer Service
Providing customer service to a person with a disability can mean many things. Different people may need different types of accommodation. Have a look at Accessible Customer Service at Halton Region for information on how to assist people with disabilities.
Halton Region's Compliance Reports
We are making progress in removing barriers and meeting accessibility requirements. Read or download our compliance reports:
We Can Help!
To assist us in meeting our commitment to reducing barriers to people with disabilities, please let us know if and how we can help.
- Do you need a document or information in an accessible format or with a communication support?
- If you need a Halton Region document or information in an alternate format (e.g., large print, Braille) or with a communication support (e.g., American Sign Language Interpretation), please call 311 or TTY: 905-827-9833 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Are you planning on visiting a Regional office or facility?
- If you are planning on visiting a Halton Region office or facility, please check our Service Disruptions page in advance to view a list of any known service disruptions at our public facilities.
- Are you are planning on attending a Halton Region meeting or event?
- If you plan to attend a Halton Region meeting or event and need accommodation due to a disability, please let us know as soon as possible by calling 311 or TTY: 905-827-9833 or e-mail email@example.com
- If you are attending a meeting or event in Council Chambers and require an assistive listening device, contact the Office of the Regional Clerk at 905-825-6000, ext. 7405 to access the equipment.
- Providing feedback at a meeting or through a survey
- If you are being asked to provide input or feedback at a public consultation meeting, Public Information Centre (PIC) or through an email or telephone survey, please know that you can provide it to us in a way that works for you.
- If you need an accessible format or communication support to provide us your input, let the meeting organizer or the person that has requested the input know.
If there is something you think we could be doing better, please let us know by calling 311 or contacting Access Halton. When you contact us with a concern or feedback, we will need to know:
- Contact information – customer's name, address, phone number, e-mail address (if available), and preferred method of communication;
- Type of good or service accessed – location, time, date, staff involved (if known)
- Concern or issue – what happened, what we can do better next time.
If you would like to make a comment or ask a question about accessibility at Halton Region, please contact:
Gabrielle Baldazzi, Policy Advisor
905-825-6000 ext. 7485
Toll-free: 1-866-4HALTON (1-866-442-5866)