This project will be completed in three phases.
Environmental Assessment completed
Detailed design for Phase 1 completed
Detailed design for Phases 2 and 3 (on-going)
Construction contract awarded for Phase 1
Construction start for Phase 1
Anticipated construction start for Phase 2 and Phase 3
Projected completion for Phase 1
Projected completion for Phase 2 and Phase 3
What you can expect day-to-day
Britannia Road Corridor is a major east-west corridor that residents and motorists rely on to get to work, school, home and retail every day. Halton Region is making every effort to minimize the disruptions and help you plan ahead for construction activity the extension will create.
Learn more about what to expect day-to-day, our mitigation plans and how to stay connected on the project.
I’m a resident or business in the area
Advance notice of any service disruption or construction impacts will be provided to residents in-person, through letter, email and website updates.
Below are some impacts you may experience:
- Dust and mud: There may be increased levels of dust and mud near the work site. The contractor is required to manage these impacts.
- Noise: You may experience noise as a result of construction. We will schedule work in accordance with local noise by-laws.
- Tree pruning & removals: Due to the road widening, certain trees will either be pruned or removed. This work may happen shortly to allow for the utility relocations to occur. New trees will be planted once construction has completed.
- Truck traffic: You will notice increases in truck traffic around the ongoing work. Please be aware and use extra caution while driving.
I use this road regularly
Advance notice of any closures or restrictions will be available through letter, email, social media, road signs and website updates.
The following mitigation strategies have been put in place to minimize the impact on traffic and travel:
- Phasing construction: Construction will be phased to allow for one lane in each direction to be maintained on Britannia Road. Emergency vehicle access will be maintained at all times.
- Using electronic signs: Road signs will be on site to with up-to-date traffic impacts.
- Reducing speed limits: To ensure safety, the speed limit has been lowered within the project limits.
Latest traffic updates and notices
- There are no traffic updates at this time.
Public Information Centre Presentations
Stay connected and up-to-date on the project
Halton Region has a dedicated Construction Ambassador for this project who will be available to meet with residents and businesses to address any questions or concerns.
You can also stay connected by:
Stay informed on Regional improvements happening in your community