Regional staff and contractors will be following health and safety guidelines set out by the Province and Public Health to help stop the spread of COVID-19.
As of March 2021, Phase 2 construction on the new William Halton Parkway has started between Third Line and Neyagawa Boulevard!
For more details, click to view the latest notice (external link).
View of William Halton Parkway at Sixth Line
- new two-lane road
- new two-lane roundabout
- new street lighting
- new multi-use pathway
- new landscaping
View of William Halton Parkway
View of William Halton Parkway
This project will be completed in two phases.
Environmental assessment completed
Detailed design completed and construction contract awarded for Phase 1
Construction start for Phase 1
Phase 1 complete.
Construction start for Phase 2
Projected completion for Phase 2
What you can expect day-to-day
Halton Region is making every effort to minimize the disruptions and help you plan ahead for construction activity the extension will create.
Learn more about what to expect day-to-day, our mitigation plans and how to stay connected on the project.
I’m a resident or business in the area
Advance notice of any service disruption or construction impacts will be provided to residents in-person, through letter, email and website updates.
Below are some impacts you may experience:
- Traffic delays: The project may cause traffic delays, lane shifts or lane restrictions. We will make every effort to minimize any potential inconvenience and provide you with advance notice when disruptions must occur. Access for emergency vehicles (Fire, EMS and Police) will be maintained at all times.
- Driveway access: During the project, direct access to your driveway may be restricted for short periods of time. You will be notified in advance of any planned restrictions.
- Waste collection: Your garbage and recycling will continue to be picked up on the regular scheduled day. It is the contractor’s responsibility to move your garbage and recycling to a location where our collection vehicles can pick them up. Please mark your house number on your containers or bins to help with identification.
- Mail delivery: We do not anticipate any changes or delays to mail delivery. In the event that there are any changes, you will be notified in advance.
- Truck traffic: At times you will notice increased truck traffic in the construction area. Please be aware and use extra caution while driving, and while exiting your property.
- Dust and mud: There may be increased levels of dust and mud near the work site. The contractor is required to manage these impacts.
I use the roads in this area
Advance notice of any closures or restrictions will be available through letter, email, social media, road signs and website updates.
The following mitigation strategies have been put in place to minimize the impact on traffic and travel:
- Using electronic signs: Road signs will be on site to with up-to-date traffic impacts.
Latest traffic updates and notices
- Halton Region’s contractor will be using a section of Lions Valley Park and its parking lot as a construction staging area. Parking spots will be reduced and there may be delays in accessing the park using Lions Valley Park Road.
Stay connected and up-to-date on the project
Halton Region has a dedicated Construction Ambassador for this project who will be available to meet with residents and businesses to address any questions or concerns.
You can also stay connected by:
Stay informed on Regional improvements happening in your community