- Effective immediately, we are asking all HCHC tenants to avoid coming in-person to HCHC’s main office located at 690 Dorval Drive, Oakville unless absolutely necessary.
- All food delivery programs to HCHC buildings will continue with modifications.
- Please consider paying your rent through preauthorized debit or by online banking. To start preauthorized debit, please phone the Housing Services directly at (905) 825-6000 ext. 4412.
- Rent payments by cheque or cash will continue to be accepted, however we are asking that you deposit your payments into an envelope (along with your full legal name, building/unit number and the amount of your monthly payment) and place them in the Halton Region mailbox at 690 Dorval Drive, Oakville. Anyone wishing to come to the 7th floor of 690 Dorval Drive is requested to first schedule an appointment with their Tenant Services Advisor. Receipts for any cheque or cash payments will be mailed to your home.
- HCHC will continue to complete emergency and critical repairs in your home. Non-emergency repairs and routine preventative maintenance activities are temporarily suspended. Before HCHC staff come into your home, you will be asked COVID-19 prevention screening questions to assess whether we need to take extra precautions. Examples of urgent repairs include:
- Water leaking into your home
- Loss of heat, hot water or electricity
- Broken doors or windows
- Dangerous electrical issues or gas leaks
- Faulty smoke alarms or carbon monoxide detectors
- HCHC will continue to monitor and maintain the life safety systems in our buildings. As always, if you smell smoke or see fire, call 9-1-1, even if you hear the fire alarms sounding.
- All HCHC playgrounds are closed until further notice to help further reduce the risk of community spread. Parks and open spaces remain available. Please practice physical distancing while visiting these areas.
As a tenant in Halton region, you may have questions relating to your housing. Here you will find helpful information ranging from tenant policies to maintenance requests.
Don't see what you're looking for? Contact Access Halton or your Tenant Service Advisors for more information.
HCHC Residents Guide: (PDF file)
A reference guide of frequently asked questions and concerns related to your HCHC housing
Need a repair?
Halton Asset Management Staff aim to provide efficient and reliable support to HCHC tenants. Although we strive to address all requests, priority will be given to emergencies and maintenance requests of an urgent matter.
If you have emergency repairs, call 311, available 24/7 for emergencies only. Emergency repairs includes:
- Gas Leak
- Roof Leak
- Dangerous electrical issues
- Broken smoke or carbon monoxide detectors
- Loss of heat
If you have priority repairs, complete this online form or call 311. Priority repairs include:
- Leaky faucet or running toilets
- Fridge or stove repairs
- Grab bar repairs
- Pest control
If you have a routine maintenance, comple this online form or call 311. Routine maintenance includes:
- light fixtures
- screen doors
- garage doors
- towel bars
If you would like to speak with a member of the Asset Management team directly, call 311 or 905-825-6000.