Skip Navigation

Tenants Section

Learn about the various resources available to tenants of the HCHC program.

COVID-19 update

  • Effective immediately, we are asking all HCHC tenants to avoid coming in-person to HCHC’s main office located at 690 Dorval Drive, Oakville unless absolutely necessary.
    • All food delivery programs to HCHC buildings will continue with modifications.
    • Please consider paying your rent through preauthorized debit or by online banking. To start preauthorized debit, please phone the Housing Services directly at (905) 825-6000 ext. 4412.
    • Rent payments by cheque or cash will continue to be accepted, however we are asking that you deposit your payments into an envelope (identifying on the envelope HCHC Rent Payments, your full legal name, building/unit number and the amount of your monthly payment) and place them in the Halton Region drop-box, located at the west entrance door at 690 Dorval Drive, Oakville. Receipts for any cheque or cash payments will be mailed to your home. Anyone wishing to visit the 7th floor of 690 Dorval Drive for rent payment related items is requested to first contact their Tenant Services Advisor.
  • At this time, HCHC is  completing both non-emergency and emergency repairs. Examples of emergency and critical repairs include:
    • Flooding
    • Water leaking into your home
    • Loss of heat, hot water or electricity
    • Broken doors or windows
    • Dangerous electrical issues or gas leaks
    • Faulty smoke alarms or carbon monoxide detectors
  • HCHC will continue to monitor and maintain the life safety systems in our buildings. As always, if you smell smoke or see fire, call 9-1-1, even if you hear the fire alarms sounding.
  • HCHC outdoor playgrounds and basketball courts are now open. To help keep everyone safe, please continue to follow Public Health direction in public places.

As a tenant in Halton region, you may have questions relating to your housing. Here you will find helpful information ranging from tenant policies to maintenance requests.

Don't see what you're looking for? Contact Access Halton or your Tenant Service Advisors for more information.

HCHC Residents Guide: (PDF file)
A reference guide of frequently asked questions and concerns related to your HCHC housing

Need a repair?

Halton Energy, Fleet & Facilities Staff aim to provide efficient and reliable support to HCHC tenants. Although we strive to address all requests, priority will be given to emergencies and maintenance requests of an urgent matter.

If you have emergency repairs, call 311, available 24/7 for emergencies only. Emergency repairs includes:

  1. Flooding
  2. Gas Leak
  3. Roof Leak
  4. Dangerous electrical issues
  5. Broken smoke or carbon monoxide detectors
  6. Loss of heat

If you have priority repairs, complete this online form or call 311. Priority repairs include:

  1. Leaky faucet or running toilets
  2. Fridge or stove repairs
  3. Grab bar repairs
  4. Pest control

If you have a routine maintenance, complete this online form or call 311. Routine maintenance includes:


  1. light fixtures
  2. screen doors
  3. cabinets
  4. drywall
  5. garage doors
  6. doorbells
  7. towel bars

If you would like to speak with a member of the Energy, Fleet & Facilities team directly, call 311 or 905-825-6000.