Halton Region recognizes the critical role of newcomers in sustaining the region’s economy and keeping our communities vibrant.
Halton Connects is an initiative that matches newcomers with Canadian citizens or longtime community members to:
- support short or long-term career/employment goals
- make professional and social connections with people in the community, while building meaningful relationships
- increase communication skills and understanding of life in Canada
The program consists of five days (approx. three hours per day) of preparation workshops, guest speakers, activities and English language conversation circles. The focus will be on supporting newcomers with:
- securing a volunteer opportunity; or
- connecting with a mentor in their educational/professional field.
Note: The program is delivered online. Participants will require access to a personal computer with a webcam or camera, reliable Wi-Fi/internet connection, and a private setting where they can attend online sessions.
Please email email@example.com or call 905-825-6000, ext. 2777 or with:
Halton Connects Webpage
- your full name
- date of birth
- phone number