Halton recognizes the potential that its youth brings to the prosperity of the region and its residents.
Are you a local youth seeking assistance with your employment prospects? Employment Halton and the province of Ontario have many programs intended to help youth build skills, find a job or start a business.
Youth Job Connection summer program is for students 15 - 18 years old who are currently enrolled in high school, returning in fall 2020 and looking for part-time or summer employment.
Individuals must be:
- 15 - 18 years old at time of registration;
- a resident of Ontario;
- eligible to work in Canada;
- high school students intending to stay in, or return to high school or go to post secondary education after the job placement.
Youth Job Connection (external link) (YJC) helps youth aged 15 - 29 who face challenging life circumstances and need extra employment supports. The program offers:
- Paid pre-employment training
- Job matching and placements
- Mentorship services
- Education and work transitions
Youth Job Connection Program Details
Contact Employment Halton to ask about start dates or for an application.
- Email: YJC@halton.ca
- Call 311 or call 905-825-6000, ext. 2777
- Apply in person at Employment Halton Oakville: 567 Michigan Drive, Oakvile
Youth Self-Employment programs are offered by Halton Region's Small Business Centre. Support, training and mentorship are provided to aspiring young adults interested in entrepreneurship opportunities. Connect with one of our experienced business consultants to help your entrepreneurial goals become a reality.