Better Jobs Ontario is a provincial program that helps Ontarians with the costs for training or education required to get a better job.
You may qualify for up to $28,000, or more in some cases, to pay for tuition and expenses such as:
- Living expenses
- Help caring for dependants
- Travel & Transportation
- Disability supports
- Other living and training costs
Learn more about how Better Jobs Ontario can benefit you (external link), as well as the types of careers that may qualify for funding.
Do you qualify for Better Jobs Ontario?
You qualify for Better Jobs Ontario if you:
- have been laid-off and have not been working or are working a temporary job just to cover costs; or
- have not been laid-off but have been unemployed for six months or longer and are part of a low-income household.
You can also apply if you receive either:
- Employment Insurance (EI)
- Ontario Works (OW)
- Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP)
To find out if you are eligible for the program, visit us in-person or call 311 to set up an appointment.
Applying to Better Jobs Ontario
During your application process, you will work with Employment Halton to determine if this program is right for you. If so, staff will also help you prepare and complete your application.
For more information on the application process, visit the Province’s Better Jobs Ontario webpage (external link).