- Effective immediately, we are asking all HCHC tenants to avoid coming in-person to HCHC’s main office located at 690 Dorval Drive, Oakville unless absolutely necessary.
- All food delivery programs to HCHC buildings will continue with modifications.
- Please consider paying your rent through preauthorized debit or by online banking. To start preauthorized debit, please phone the Housing Services directly at (905) 825-6000 ext. 4412.
- Rent payments by cheque or cash will continue to be accepted, however we are asking that you deposit your payments into an envelope (along with your full legal name, building/unit number and the amount of your monthly payment) and place them in the Halton Region mailbox at 690 Dorval Drive, Oakville. Anyone wishing to come to the 7th floor of 690 Dorval Drive is requested to first schedule an appointment with their Tenant Services Advisor. Receipts for any cheque or cash payments will be mailed to your home.
- HCHC will continue to complete emergency and critical repairs in your home. Non-emergency repairs and routine preventative maintenance activities are temporarily suspended. Before HCHC staff come into your home, you will be asked COVID-19 prevention screening questions to assess whether we need to take extra precautions. Examples of urgent repairs include:
- Water leaking into your home
- Loss of heat, hot water or electricity
- Broken doors or windows
- Dangerous electrical issues or gas leaks
- Faulty smoke alarms or carbon monoxide detectors
- HCHC will continue to monitor and maintain the life safety systems in our buildings. As always, if you smell smoke or see fire, call 9-1-1, even if you hear the fire alarms sounding.
- All HCHC playgrounds are closed until further notice to help further reduce the risk of community spread. Parks and open spaces remain available. Please practice physical distancing while visiting these areas.
Halton Community Housing Corporation (HCHC) provides housing in communities that include townhouses, apartments, single and semi-detached dwellings, as well as condominium units. HCHC is committed to sustaining communities that are healthy and safe and enjoyable places to live.
If you are looking for subsidized housing, apply through the Halton Access to Community Housing tool (HATCH). Eligible applicants will be placed on a waiting list.
For property availability information or more information:
- Halton Community Housing Corporation
690 Dorval Drive, 7th Floor
Oakville, ON L6K 3X9
Office Hours: Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.