Who is currently eligible?
Anyone born in 2009 or older who lives, works or goes to school in Halton Region is eligible to be vaccinated for COVID-19. To learn about your vaccination options, refer to the COVID-19 Vaccination Clinic webpage.
It is important that individuals receive both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine.
Eligibility for third COVID-19 doses
The Province has begun offering third doses of the COVID-19 vaccine (external link) to those at highest-risk in order to provide them with an extra layer of protection against the Delta variant. On September 14, 2021 the Province announced expanded eligibility for third doses (external link). The following groups are now eligible for third doses:
- recipients of a solid organ transplant and taking immunosuppressive therapy;
- residents of high-risk congregate settings including long-term care homes, higher-risk licensed retirement homes and First Nations elder care lodges;
- those undergoing active treatment for solid tumors or malignant hematologic disorders;
- recipients of chimeric antigen receptor (CAR)-T-cell or hematopoietic stem cell transplant (within 2 years of transplantation or taking immunosuppression therapy);
- those with moderate or severe primary immunodeficiency (e.g., DiGeorge syndrome, Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome);
- those with Stage 3 or advanced untreated HIV infection and those with acquired immunodeficiency syndrome; and
- those undergoing active treatment with the following categories of immunosuppressive therapies: anti-B cell therapies (monoclonal antibodies targeting CD19, CD20 and CD22, including those who have completed treatment within 12 months), high-dose systemic corticosteroids, alkylating agents, antimetabolites, or tumor-necrosis factor (TNF) inhibitors and other biologic agents that are significantly immunosuppressive.
For a complete and current list of eligibility criteria for a third dose and definition of terms, refer to the Ministry of Health COVID-19 Vaccine Third Dose Recommendations (external link.
These individuals can now get a third dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at a Halton Region vaccination clinic, pharmacy or participating primary care. Individuals must present a completed referral form (PDF file) from their health care practitioner when they arrive at the clinic location. Please note, third doses of COVID-19 vaccines will not be offered at GO-VAXX clinics.
Halton Region’s mobile teams will also be offering third doses to residents of long-term care and high-risk retirement homes.
The Provincial Government has identified the settings in Halton that meet the criteria for third dose. Not all retirement homes will be eligible at this time.