Halton Region's engagement to promote best possible oral health
Halton Region is committed to ensuring the best possible oral health of its residents. We actively promote oral health through activities across the lifespan. We work to allow all Halton residents to increase control over and improve their oral health.
Halton Region's oral health promotion activities
Here are some examples of oral health promotion activities that we undertake:
- Determining eligibility for dental financial assistance programs.
- Developing and disseminating oral health resources for residents.
- Oral health screenings at public health clinics and elementary schools, and tele-screening on the phone or on Zoom.
- Participating in community events to promote oral health programs and services.
- Developing resources for teachers to embed oral health education within the school curriculum.
- Collaborating with local Dental Societies to improve access to dental care throughout Halton Region.
- Conducting campaigns to increase awareness of the Healthy Smiles Ontario program and the importance of oral health on overall health and well-being.