To help protect families and staff from the spread of COVID-19, Halton Prenatal Nutrition Program groups have been temporarily suspended. Please check back regularly for updates.
Do you want to learn how to improve your health and the health of your baby? The Halton Prenatal Nutrition Program (HPNP) is free and runs year round. Come out weekly and enjoy a healthy meal in a friendly environment, surrounded by other pregnant and new parents looking to learn and meet new friends.
What is the Halton Prenatal Nutrition Program (HPNP)?
- A free weekly program for parents who are pregnant or have a baby under 6 months of age
- A program for families needing extra help to meet their basic needs, to support their emotional and physical health and adjustment to parenting
- A supportive program that welcomes young pregnant parents, families new to Canada or new to their community
- A connection to other community services
- A chance to meet other parents and make new friends
- An opportunity to learn
When can I join HPNP?
- As soon as you know you are pregnant!
- New participants are always welcome
- Just come to a group! No pre-registration or health card required
What support is available at HPNP?
Public health nurses and dietitians:
- Speak with a public health nurse and registered dietitian
- Learn about:
- How to have a healthy pregnancy
- What you can do to support labour and birth
- Baby health and development
- Becoming a new parent
- Healthy nutrition
Receive free vouchers for:
- Prenatal vitamins
- Vitamin D
- Halton Fresh Food Box
Additional supports to help you attend:
- Language interpreters
- Transportation to classes
- Free child care for children 4 years of age or younger
Session Times and Locations
- Viola Desmond EarlyON Centre
Time: Thursday 11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Location: 1450 Leger Way Milton
- Enter at north entrance parking lot, door #9. Take the elevator to the 2nd floor.
- Bethel Christian Reformed Church
Time: Thursday 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Location: 365 Queen Street (external link)
- New time starting January 2020: 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Thursday March 19, 2020
- Thursday July 9, 2020