Curbside collection services
Halton Region provides residents with a variety of curbside collection services. These services include Blue Box, Green Cart, Garbage, Bulk Waste, and Yard Waste.
Metal and/or appliance collection
- By appointment only (not available in Halton Hills collection areas C and D)
- Schedule collection before placing material out for pick-up
- Collection may take 2-3 weeks from date of request
- Give a description of the item to be collected
- Remove appliance doors
- Place tall appliances flat on the ground
- Please check the Put Waste in its Place sorting tool to check for special set-out instructions.
- Request a pick up online or call 311
Important information and tips
- Place waste at the curb by 7 a.m. on collection day and no sooner than 5 p.m. the evening before.
- Blue Boxes and Green Carts are collected every week.
- Garbage is collected once every other week.
- Containers and bags should weigh no more than 23 kg (50 lbs).
- During winter, ensure material is free of snow and ice and is visible to the collection crew.
- Do not place material on top of snow banks.
- Household hazardous waste must be dropped off to the Household Hazardous Waste Depot, located at the Halton Waste Management Site, or brought to a Special Waste drop-off day.
- Do not put needles, syringes or lancets in your Garbage, Blue Box or Green Cart. Contact your pharmacy or doctor's office for proper disposal advice.
- Wrap broken glass and sharp objects before putting them in the garbage.
- Rinse blue boxes and green carts regularly to avoid build-up of bacteria and odours.
- Only put waste to be collected at or near the curb. Items may be mistakenly collected by the collection truck. Halton Region and its collection contractors are not responsible for items mistakenly collected or scavenged.
Yard Waste Collection
Yard waste is collected every other week on the same day as garbage, starting the week of April 1.
Curbside Collection Tips
- All recyclable plastic must be rinsed, clean and dry
- Bundle all plastic bags and overwrap in one plastic bag and tie shut
- Any paper or cardboard waste with food residue must go in the Green Cart
Blue Box program enhancements
- Residents now have the option to place recyclables out for curbside collection in a clear plastic bag; continue to use the Blue Box only; or use both!
- Residents, businesses & facilities can recycle plastic bags and plastic overwrap!
Pick up a Blue Box or Green Cart
Halton residents may pick up one free Blue Box each year from any of the locations listed below. Broken Blue Boxes and Green Carts are recycled into new containers and may be returned and exchanged for free.