Skip Navigation

Parent(s)/Legal Guardians are responsible for updating Halton Region Public Health every time their child receives an immunization from their healthcare provider. Your child's health care provider is not mandated to report your child's immunization to Halton Region Public Health.

For a child to attend school, a parent or legal guardian must:

  1. Report legally required immunizations as outlined in the Provincial Immunization of School Pupils Act (ISPA) (external link)
  2. Submit a valid vaccine exemption. Visit the Vaccine Exemption for Children page for more information.

Halton Region Public Health enforces ISPA on behalf of the province.

If your child attends a licensed home or centre-based child care, there are different requirements. Please see the Child Care and Early Years Act (CCEYA) page (external link) for more information.

View or report immunization records

Immunization Connect Ontario (ICON)

  • Immunization Connect Ontario (ICON) (external link) is a web-based program that enables parents/legal guardians to:
    • View their child’s immunization record, and be informed of which immunizations your child may need or will need in the near future.
    • Report their child’s immunizations (report those not received at a Health Region community or school-based clinic.)
    The information submitted through the ICON website will be reviewed by Halton Region Public Health.
  • To view or report your child's immunization information using ICON, you will need to create an account and set a PIN. To do this, you will need one of the following:
    • Ontario Health Card (OHIP): Your child’s Ontario Health Card must be on file with Halton Region Public Health;
    • Ontario Immunization ID (OIID): The OIID is included in any Immunization letter you may have received from Halton Region Public Health.
  • If your child does not have an Ontario Health Card and you do not have your child's OIID, you can call Halton Region Public Health at 311.
  • After vaccines are reported through ICON, it may take 4 to 5 weeks for your child’s immunization record to be updated.
  • After the 4 to 5 weeks, please log back in to ICON to verify your child’s immunization record and ensure that all required immunizations are up to date.
  • It is not necessary to report COVID-19 vaccines received in Ontario, as they are already recorded in the province’s COVID-19 immunization data base.

Having trouble logging in to ICON?

  • If you have previously accessed ICON for you or your child and have forgotten your PIN, or have entered an incorrect PIN, please click “Forgot PIN” to reset the PIN.
  • If you receive an error message, it may be because:
    • the PIN was created when your child was younger than 16 years of age and now the child/student is now 16 or older;
    • there is no health card number on file;
    • the address on file is incorrect/outdated; or
    • there is a typo in one of the fields or the wrong PIN was entered.
    To resolve this, you need to reset your PIN by emailing Students 16 years or older must email us directly.
    Please provide ALL of the following information in the email:
    • The student’s full name, date of birth, and Ontario health card number.
    • The email address where you consent to receive ICON PIN reset details from Halton Region Public Health.
  • Although we take steps to ensure your information is secure, due to the risks associated with email communication, confidentiality cannot be guaranteed.
  • Halton Region Vaccination Services staff will follow up by email within 2 to 5 business days.

Additional ways to update your immunization records

  • Telephone: Call 311
  • Mail or drop-off: Vaccination Services, Halton Region Public Health
    1151 Bronte Road, Oakville, ON, L6M 3L1
  • Fax (secure): 905-465-3403

Requesting your immunization record

Halton Region Public Health does not release immunization records to a parent/guardian of any individuals 16 years of age and older. An individual 16 years of age and older must call to request their own record or access ICON themselves.

  • The best way to access your child's record is through Immunization Connect Ontario (ICON) (external link).
  • You can print or save a copy and access the immunization record anytime using ICON.
  • Important: Health care providers do not report immunizations to their local public health units. We may not have an immunization record if:
    • you or your parent/guardian did not report the immunizations to Halton Region Public Health. Under the Immunization of School Pupils Act, parent(s)/legal guardian(s) are responsible for updating Public Health every time their child receives an immunization;
    • you recently moved to Ontario;
    • you received your immunization from a health care provider or pharmacist (health care providers do not report immunizations to Halton Region Public Health); or
    • you were born before 1980.

Contact your family physician or previous clinics where you have been immunized. When physicians retire or relocate to another practice, you may be able to get help locating records by contacting the Advisory Services Department with the College of Physicians and Surgeons at 1-800-268-7096, ext. 603.