- Health care providers do not automatically report immunizations to their local public health units. We may not have an immunization record if:
Contact your family physician or previous clinics where you have been immunized. When physicians retire or relocate to another practice, you may be able to get help locating records by contacting the Advisory Services Department with the College of Physicians and Surgeons at 1-800-268-7096, ext. 603.
- you or your parent/guardian did not report the immunizations to Halton Region Public Health. Under the Immunization of School Pupils Act, parent(s)/legal guardian(s) are responsible for updating Public Health every time their child receives an immunization;
- you recently moved to Ontario;
- you received your immunization from a health care provider or pharmacist (health care providers do not report immunizations to Halton Region Public Health); or
- you were born before 1980.
- If you are using our online immunization reporting tool (external link) to report immunizations, please note it may take up to 15 business days to view your child’s updated immunization record. Our Public Health team is experiencing a higher than usual number of records being submitted at this time. We thank residents for their patience and understanding.
- Please note: It is not necessary to report COVID-19 vaccines received in Ontario, as it is already recorded in the province’s COVID-19 immunization data base.
Every time your child gets an immunization from their healthcare provider, you need to update the Health Department. Your healthcare provider’s office does not report these records for you.
To attend school, children must have:
Halton Region Health Department enforces ISPA on behalf of the province.
Updating your immunization record
You can update your immunization record in various ways:
Use the Immunization Reporting Form to report the following online:
Update your records using Halton Region's mobile app. You can download the app at the App Store or Google Play.
Telephone, mail or fax
- Telephone: Call 311
- Mail: Halton Region Health Department
1151 Bronte Road, Oakville, ON, L6M 3L1
- Fax (secure): 905-465-3403