Important information regarding Halton Public Health school programs
- Until further notice, Halton Region Public Health has temporarily suspended all school health programs. This includes:
- cancellation of suspensions and enforcement related to the Immunization of School Pupils Act (ISPA) for children born in 2010-2012;
- vaccine education sessions for parents and guardians;
- immunization and oral health clinics; and
- school health promotion activities performed by public health nurses.
- Please check back regularly for updates.
Every time your child gets an immunization from their healthcare provider, you need to update the Health Department. Your healthcare provider’s office does not report these records for you.
To attend school, children must have:
Halton Region Health Department enforces ISPA on behalf of the province.
Updating your immunization record
You can update your immunization record in various ways:
Use the Immunization Reporting Form to report the following online:
Update your records using Halton Region's mobile app. You can download the app at the App Store or Google Play.
Telephone, mail or fax
- Telephone: Call 311
- Mail: Halton Region Health Department
1151 Bronte Road, Oakville, ON, L6M 3L1
- Fax (secure): 905-465-3403
372 Queen St., Acton. (external link)
Tuesday, 2 - 4 p.m.
- Burlington - Health@3350
3350 Fairview Street (external link)
Thursday, 2 – 5 p.m.
- Georgetown - Health@280
280 Guelph Street (external link), Unit 76
Monday & Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
(closed 12 – 1 p.m.)
- Milton - Health@217
217 Main Street East (external link), Unit 13, Main Floor, Towne Square
Wednesday, 1:30 - 4:30 p.m.
- Oakville - Halton Region Health Department
1151 Bronte Road (external link)
Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Immunization information for students born in 2010-2012
Halton Region Public Health will NOT be proceeding with the planned elementary school suspension period that was scheduled to begin March 26 and run through April 24, 2020 for students in grade 2 to 4. While this means that there will be no suspension for this cohort, parents are strongly encouraged to update and report immunizations online.