What is Halton Region Public Health doing in response to COVID-19?
Halton Region Public Health is closely monitoring the evolving situation. We are working closely in collaboration with local, provincial and federal governments, as well as healthcare providers and hospitals, police, long-term care homes and other community partners.
Halton Region Public Health:
- educates the public regarding steps they can take to reduce the spread of COVID-19;
- assesses the risk among residents with symptoms and determines if testing is required;
- coordinates testing (when required) at an appropriate location;
- ensures those who are showing symptoms understand how to reduce the risk of transmission to others; and
- ensures those under investigation and their close contacts understand and follow self-isolation protocols and monitor for symptoms.