About the project
To improve network connectivity and address forecasted travel demand along Regional Road 25 from Speers Road to Derry Road (Regional Road 7), the Region is considering a wide range of improvements, such as:
- Widening of the roadway
- Cross-sectional requirements to accommodate multi-modal travel
- Active transportation
- Intersection improvements
- Overall traffic operations
- The impact of such improvements on the social, cultural and natural environments
The study is being conducted in accordance with the planning and design process for Schedule C projects as outlined in the Municipal Class Environmental Assessment (external link) (October 2000, as amended 2007, 2011 & 2015), which is approved under the Ontario Environmental Assessment Act, RSO. 1990.
Reasons for the study
Halton Region is carrying out this study in accordance with the MCEA process to:
- address the future travel demand in the Towns of Oakville and Milton to 2031; and
- support all modes of transportation to contribute to a safe and inclusive multi-modal transportation system for all road users.
Next steps and anticipated timing
Review and consider all public and stakeholder feedback. Incorporate feedback into existing conditions assessment.
Develop and evaluate alternative planning solutions in consultation with the community.
If you require any of the information on this page in an alternate format, please contact the Halton Region Project Manager, Jessica Passingham, by email at Jessica.Passingham@halton.ca or 905-825-6000 ext. 7556.