On December 5, 2018, Halton hosted its Inaugural Meeting for the new term of Regional Council. The meeting began with a brief ceremony that included the Declarations of Office for the Chair and each individual Councillor, administered by Justice of the Peace Mark Curtis.
As part of the ceremony, Chair Carr delivered an inaugural address profiling the Region’s strategic investments and initiatives in recent years. Highlights included:
- maintaining the Region’s top credit rating to finance major investments by providing continued access to the best capital financing rates available;
- establishing 1,648 assisted housing opportunities since 2008;
- implementing the Community Safety and Well-being Plan in partnership with the Halton Regional Police Service;
- attracting business investment to support more than 7,277 new jobs in the community; and
- keeping property tax increases at the rate of inflation to support job creation and a high quality of life.
Chair Carr closed his remarks with an overview of the process for drafting the 2019-2022 Strategic Business Plan, which will set Council’s priorities, actions and projected outcomes for the term.
The meeting also marked the reopening of Council Chambers at Halton Regional Centre, which was recently renovated to improve services and accessibility. For videos of Regional Council Meetings, as well as meeting agendas, minutes and Council documents, please visit halton.ca.
2018-2022 Halton Regional Council
- Regional Chair
- City of Burlington
- Mayor: Marianne Meed Ward
- Ward One: Regional Councillor Kelvin Galbraith
- Ward Two: Regional Councillor Lisa Kearns
- Ward Three: Regional Councillor Rory Nisan
- Ward Four: Regional Councillor Shawna Stolte
- Ward Five: Regional Councillor Paul Sharman
- Ward Six: Regional Councillor Angelo Bentivegna
- Town of Halton Hills
- Mayor: Rick Bonnette
- Wards One and Two: Regional Councillor Clark Somerville
- Wards Three and Four: Regional Councillor Jane Fogal
- Town of Milton
- Mayor: Gord Krantz
- Ward One: Regional Councillor Colin Best
- Ward Two: Regional Councillor Rick Malboeuf
- Ward Three: Regional Councillor Mike Cluett
- Ward Four: Regional Councillor Zeeshan Hamid
- Town of Oakville
- Mayor: Rob Burton
- Ward One: Regional Councillor Sean O’Meara
- Ward Two: Regional Councillor Cathy Duddeck
- Ward Three: Regional Councillor Dave Gittings
- Ward Four: Regional Councillor Allan Elgar
- Ward Five: Regional Councillor Jeff Knoll
- Ward Six: Regional Councillor Tom Adams
- Ward Seven: Regional Councillor Pavan Parmar
The Regional Municipality of Halton serves 570,000 residents in the City of Burlington, the Town of Halton Hills, the Town of Milton, and the Town of Oakville. Halton Region is committed to meeting the needs of its residents through the delivery of cost-effective, quality programs and services, including water and wastewater; Regional roads and planning; paramedic services; waste management; public health; social assistance; children’s and seniors’ services; housing services; heritage programs; emergency management and economic development. For more information, call 311 or visit Halton Region’s website at halton.ca.