Halton Region is located in the centre of the largest technology hub in Canada – the Toronto-Waterloo Innovation Corridor. In fact, the technology cluster surrounding Halton is the 3rd largest in North America.
The diversity of the technology sector and its penetration across a range of industries – from manufacturing to medical – has meant exponential growth in technology firms and a growing cluster in Halton, where they have access to a large pool of talent and research support.
- Premier office space: Real estate options and advanced infrastructure offer ample site selection.
- Talent: Halton's technology corridor has access to 4.5 million potential employees.
- Research & education: Halton is surrounded by leading post-secondary institutions, including:
- Innovation ecosystem: Halton has a rich innovation network, including:
- Incentives: Canada offers significant incentive support for R&D, with total costs 27.7% below the US baseline.
Halton's Technology Clusters
In today’s economy, the incorporation of technology is a critical component across nearly all industry sectors – so much so, that it is difficult to tally “technology” firms or their employment impact.
Halton has a range of thriving technology clusters, including:
- Information & Communications Technology (ICT)
- Digital media and creative firms
- Medical technologies (medtech)
- Clean technologies (cleantech)
- Financial technologies (fintech and e-commerce)
- Food Science and Technology
From Halton, these companies can attract the right talent and tap into support from surrounding programs and institutions.
Technology & Creative Cluster Supports
Halton's ICT businesses benefit from both regional and provincial associations and programs.
Sign up for Invest Halton email updates
Enter your email address to receive email updates from Invest Halton.