Information about IPAC Lapse Disclosure
This website contains reports on premises where an infection prevention and control lapse was identified through the assessment of a complaint or referral, or through communicable disease surveillance. It does not include reports of premises that were investigated after a complaint or referral where no infection prevention and control lapse was identified.
These reports are not exhaustive, and do not guarantee that those premises listed and not listed are free of infection prevention and control lapses. Identification of lapses is based on assessment and investigation of a premises at a point in time. These assessments and investigations are triggered when potential infection prevention and control lapses are brought to the attention of the local medical officer of health.
Reports are posted on the website of the board of health in which the premises is located. Reports are posted on a premises-by-premises basis (i.e., will correspond with one site only). If you wish to view a full investigation report for any posted lapse, please contact 311 and ask for the CD Reporting Line.
Summary of establishments in Halton Region that have had a lapse in IPAC:
Nice One Nails - October 4, 2023
- Establishment: Nice One Nails
- Address: 2501 Third Line Unit 27, Oakville, ON L6M 5A9
- IPAC Lapse Summary: Failure to dispose of single-use instruments immediately after use; failure to clean and disinfect reusable instruments after use; failure to keep records of accidental exposures to blood and/or body fluids
- Date of Lapse: October 4, 2023.
- Report: Nice One Nails - Final Report
TrueCare Medical Clinic and Pharmacy - January 12, 2023
- Establishment: TrueCare Medical Clinic and Pharmacy
- Address: 810 Nipissing Rd Unit 107, Milton, ON L9T 4Z9
- IPAC Lapse Summary: Failure to reprocess medical instruments as per the Provincial Infectious Diseases Advisory Committee (PIDAC) Best Practices for Cleaning, Disinfection and Sterilization of Medical Equipment/Devices In All Health Care Settings (as current).
- Date of Lapse: January 12, 2023
- Report: TrueCare Medical Clinic and Pharmacy - Final Report (PDF file)
Pretty Nails & Spa - October 24, 2022
- Establishment: Pretty Nails & Spa
- Address: 5295 Lakeshore Rd, Burlington, ON, L7L 1C7
- IPAC Lapse Summary: Issues relating to proper disposal of single-use instruments and proper storage of reusable instruments.
- Date of Lapse: October 24, 2022
- Report: Pretty Nails & Spa - Final Report (PDF file)