Developing Halton’s growing workforce
Halton businesses employ over 242,000 workers, across a range of industry sectors. Businesses in Halton can draw on a diverse talent pool that is among the mostly highly educated in Canada, with three in four residents holding a post-secondary degree or diploma. Invest Halton is committed to fostering the development of the regional workforce through workforce development research, strategic partnerships, and promotion of front-line service providers.
Regional workforce development support
Halton Region provides front-line services and resources to both employers and employees through Employment Halton. Services include:
- FREE online job posting board
- applicant screening and matching
- training incentives programs to off-set hourly wages and training costs
- staff follow up support for both the new employee and the employer
- WSIB coverage
- job fairs
- learning events, information and resources
- coaching and performance management
Additional labour information and resources
For more information on Ontario labour laws, contact Service Ontario (external link) or visit the Ministry of Labour (external link) website.
Various levels of government in Canada provide incentives for workforce hiring and training.
Sign up for Invest Halton email updates
Enter your email address to receive email updates from Invest Halton.