Shaking a baby can cause brain damage or death.
It can be very frustrating to listen to your baby cry for long periods of time. If you feel like you might lose control:
- Place your child safely in the crib.
- Take a time-out and leave your baby's room for a few minutes.
- Call someone to come and help you if possible.
Tips to reduce stress/frustration:
- Learn to read your baby's cues and respond before they start crying.
- Go to your baby as soon as they start crying.
- Have someone you trust come over and look after your baby to give you a break.
- Talk to someone about your feelings.