Proposed 2020 Budget and Business Plan
The proposed 2020 Budget and Business Plan is currently under review by Regional Council. It describes how we will fund and deliver essential services next year while preserving our strong long-term financial position.
The proposed 2020 Budget:
- maintains service levels for Regional programs and makes strategic investments in the community;
- aligns with the themes, objectives and outcomes outlined in the 2019–2022 Strategic Business Plan;
- is based on prudent, forward-looking financial planning principles that have earned Halton a top credit rating for more than 30 years; and
- keeps the tax rate increases for Regional services at or below the rate of inflation.
It includes a 1.7 per cent property tax increase for Regional programs and services (excluding Halton Regional Police Services) and a 3.3 per cent rate increase for water and wastewater services.
Key dates for budget review
Halton residents are invited to provide input on the proposed 2020 Budget and Business Plan. Please email your comments to email@example.com or register as a delegate at one of the following meetings:
- Regional Council Budget Meeting—Wednesday, December 4, 2019 at 9:30 a.m.
- Regional Council—Wednesday, December 11, 2019 at 9:30 a.m.
All meetings listed above take place in Council Chambers at Halton Regional Centre (1151 Bronte Road, Oakville).
The 2020 Budget and Business Plan is scheduled to be approved by Regional Council on December 11, 2019.
If you require this document in an alternate format: