What is Triple P?
Parents, have you ever:
- Wanted to improve your relationship with your child or teenager?
- Struggled with your child's behaviour?
- Questioned if you were doing the right thing as a parent?
Triple P helps parents to:
- Create a stable, supportive, happy family environment
- Teach their children the skills they need to get along with others
- Deal positively, consistently and decisively with problem behaviour
- Encourage positive behaviour
- Develop realistic expectations of their children and themselves
- Take care of themselves as parents
Call HaltonParents to speak to a Public Health Nurse for parenting information and to get support. PHNs are available Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Call 311 or 905-825-6000
- Toll free: 1-866-4HALTON (1-866-442-5866)
- TTY 905-827-9833
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Small group series
Please note that groups are currently suspended. Check back in the future for updates. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com or call 311.
The small group series uses discussion, telephone support and workbooks to guide families through the steps of addressing individual parenting concerns. The groups will meet for 4 or 5 weeks and then receive telephone support before one final session. Parenting seminars and small group skill building sessions are held at the Halton Regional Centre, at schools and in community settings as needed.
Please let us know as soon as possible if you have an accessibility, interpreter or accommodation requirement at the event. Child care and transportation are available on request.
Online Triple P
Triple P is also available in an online format so that you can experience the program at your own pace in the comfort of your home.
Call 311 or 905-825-6000 to receive access to the online Triple P Program at no cost. It is available for parents of children 0-12 years and well as for parents of teens.