Low Income Program
Did you know that Halton Region may be able to help low income residents with the cost of necessary health and wellness items for themselves and their family? This includes:
- Dental care emergencies for adults:
- adults who are in pain or require emergency dental care may be eligible for help with the cost of their dental care
- assistance with the cost of prescription eyeglasses may be provided
- Medical supplies and equipment
- help with the cost of diabetic supplies, surgical supplies and dressings, as required
- assistive aids and devices, back braces, surgical stockings, artificial limbs, wheelchairs and inhalators
- Project Lifesaver:
- assistance with the cost of radio technology to assist in locating wandering individuals
Am I eligible?
You are required to verify the following criteria in order to be eligible for the Low Income Program. Applicants must:
- have a total net annual household income that falls below the Net Low-income Cut-off (LICO) for Halton Region.
- be residents of Halton.
- include valid government-issued identification for each household member in the benefit request (birth certificates and immigration documents).
- give verbal consent to staff to record information in order to assess eligibility and issue benefits.
For more information about program criteria and eligibility, please call Access Halton at 311.
How do I apply?
Halton residents can call Access Halton at 311 to apply for assistance with the costs of their health and wellness related items.