Through the new program, you will receive a monthly food package delivered directly to your home. The food package will have a nutritious mix of protein, fresh fruits and vegetables. You will be able to customize your package to meet allergy, dietary and cultural needs.
Who is Eligible?
You may be eligible for this program if you:
- live in Halton Region,
- receive Ontario Works,
- are not receiving a rent-geared-to-income subsidy (an assisted housing program), and
- do not reside in the Lighthouse or Halton Women’s Place shelters.
The implementation of this new food security program will result in the existing Food Voucher program ending by January 31, 2023.
You can register for Halton Food Connect at haltonfoodconnect.ca/registration/ (external link) or by calling 905-581-FOOD (3663).
You will need to:
- choose from one of three available protein options – halal ground beef, halal chicken quarters, or tofu,
- choose delivery dates and times that work for your schedule, and
- indicate any allergy or dietary restrictions.
For more information about Halton Food Connect, please go to haltonfoodconnect.ca (external link) or reach out to your Ontario Works Case Manager. To find out more information about community food supports in Halton, please refer to the Halton Community Services Directory (external link).