Contact your insurance provider as soon as possible. Report property damage caused by the flooding.
- Discuss your coverage with your home insurance provider (e.g., emergency clean up services, repairs and replacement coverage).
- Keep receipts for all expenses that you incur for your insurers’ use.
- Discuss what steps you need to take to make a claim.
- Take photos of damage caused by flood for your insurance claim.
Depending on the terms of your insurance policy, your insurer(s) may:
- assign an adjuster to visit your home to take pictures and handle your claim
- recommend a vendor who will conduct the emergency services and repairs