Get involved, share your ideas
We are seeking four citizen representatives for Halton Region’s Development Charges Advisory Committee. Appointments will run from September to December, 2021. The application deadline is Friday, May 21, 2021.
The Development Charges Advisory Committee advises and assists the Region as it prepares the Development Charges Background Study in order to update Halton’s Development Charges By-law. This is required at least every 5 years, in accordance with the DCA, 1997, or earlier, as determined by Council.
The most recent Development Charges Background Study was released to the public in December 2016. The next Development Charges Advisory Committee will be established in late 2020/early 2021.
The Committee includes 15 members from the development industry, business sector, citizens and Regional Council, consisting of:
- 4 citizens at-large, appointed by Regional Council
- 2 members from the Residential Home Builders Association – 1 to be selected from Building Industry and Land Development Association (BILD) and 1 to be selected from West End Home Builder’s Association (WE HBA) (formerly Hamilton-Halton Home Builders’ Association (HHHBA));
- 2 members representing the non-residential developers, to be selected by BILD;
- 2 members representing business/Chamber of Commerce, selected by the Economic Development Partnership
- 4 members of Regional Council
- The Regional Chair
Council Membership (2018 to 2022)
- Mayor Rob Burton
- Councillor Mike Cluett
- Councillor Paul Sharman
- Councillor Clark Somerville
- Gary Carr, Regional Chair
- Paula Kobli, Senior Advisor, Development - Finance