The City of Burlington, the Town of Halton Hills, the Town of Milton, the Town of Oakville and the Regional Municipality of Halton have established a Joint Compliance Audit Committee for 2022-2026.
Learn more about the 2022 Municipal Election.
This Committee is required by the Municipal Elections Act, 1996, to consider applications requesting financial audits of candidate campaigns and third-party advertisers in the 2022 Municipal Election. It is composed of between three and seven members with a background in accounting, auditing, law, election administration and/or public administration. Members must possess some or all of the following:
- understanding of the Municipal Elections Act’s municipal election campaign financing provisions;
- experience in administrative law;
- proven analytical and decision-making skills;
- experience working on a committee, task force or in a similar setting;
- demonstrated oral and written communication skills; and
- any other criteria as may be prescribed under the Act.
Members cannot be:
- members of Council or employees of the City of Burlington, Town of Halton Hills, Town of Milton, Town of Oakville or Regional Municipality of Halton;
- candidates or registered third parties in the 2022 Municipal Election, their family members, or any person connected to a candidate through an employment, contractual, business or partnership relationship;
- anyone who has participated as a candidate for an office or registered third party in the City of Burlington, Town of Halton Hills, Town of Milton, Town of Oakville or Regional Municipality of Halton in the past two regular municipal elections, or who have conducted audits or provided financial or legal advice in respect of such campaigns; and
- anyone who intends to assist any candidate or registered third party, as a volunteer or for compensation, in the 2022 Municipal Election.
The application period for this Committee has closed. The membership will be established prior to October 1, 2022.
Reports and Documents
- Staff Report LPS33-22 (external PDF) - dated April 20, 2022
Re: 2022 Municipal Election – Update of the Use of Regional Resources Policy and Joint Compliance Audit Committee Terms of Reference (Report approving the creation of the Committee)
- Attachment #2 (PDF file) - Terms of Reference for the Joint Compliance Audit Committee (Structure of the Committee including its mandate and requirements)
If you require documents in an alternate format, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 311.
905-825-6000 ext. 7110