The Development Charges Advisory Committee advises and assists the Region as it prepares the Development Charges Background Study in order to update Halton’s Development Charges By-law. This is required at least every 5 years, in accordance with the DCA, 1997, or earlier, as determined by Council.
The most recent Development Charges Background Study was released to the public in December 2016. The next Development Charges Advisory Committee will be established in late 2020/early 2021.
The Committee includes 15 members from the development industry, business sector, citizens and Regional Council, consisting of:
- 4 citizens at-large, appointed by Regional Council
- 2 members who are non-residential developers, to be selected by the BILD
- 2 members who are non-residential developers, to be selected through the Halton Industrial Developer’s Group
- 2 members representing business/Chamber of Commerce, selected by the Economic Development Partnership
- 4 members of Regional Council
- The Regional Chair
Council Membership (2018 to 2022)
- To be established at a later date
- Paula Kobli, Senior Advisor, Development - Finance