Persons who would like to obtain a copy of an Ambulance Call Record on behalf of an individual or a child under 16 can do so by providing the following three items:
- A Patient Ambulance Call Record Request letter (PDF file) that provides the following information:
- Patient’s name
- Patient’s date of birth
- Patient’s telephone number
- Date of the incident
- Time of the incident
- Location of the incident
- If patient was transported and to which hospital
- Any additional details pertaining to the incident
- Legal documentation to show that the requestor is entitled to obtain this health information on behalf of the patient. For a child, this is a copy of their birth certificate or passport. For any other living individual, this is a Power of Attorney for Personal Care or Guardianship of the person. In the case of a deceased person, this is a Will naming the requestor as Executor, or a notarized letter stating that the requestor is assuming responsibility for the estate if there is no Will.
- A cheque in the amount of $95 made payable to “Halton Region”. Fee is valid until December 31, 2023 and is subject to change January 1, 2024. If this fee causes financial hardship, you may request a waiver of the fee, however we may ask for proof to support this request
Paramedic Services is required to respond to all requests within 30 days. Please contact our office if you have not received the Ambulance Call Record within 30 days of sending your request.
Once the Ambulance Call Record has been located, we will notify you that it is ready for pick up. At the time of pick up, you must present one piece of government identification (must be photo ID). The identification will be photocopied for our records.
If you would prefer to have the Ambulance Call Record sent to your home via courier, please enclose with your letter a photocopy of one piece of your government identification (must be photo ID).
Qualifying government identification is as follows:
- Driver’s Licence (front and back)
- Health Card (front and back)
- other federal, provincial, territorial or municipal identification card
- Military identification
- Certificate of Indian Status
- Old Age Security card
- Federal, provincial, territorial or municipal employee identification card
Please note, in the event an Ambulance Call Record cannot be located, a letter will be mailed to you and the cheque will be returned.
All requests can be mailed to:
- Halton Region Paramedic Services
1179 Bronte Road
Oakville, ON L6M 4G3
Tel: 905-825-6000, ext. 7112