Skip Navigation

Subsidized Passes for Low Income Transit (SPLIT)


SPLIT helps with public transit costs for low income residents in Burlington, Milton and Oakville, and ActiVan tickets and taxi scrip dollars in Halton Hills.

About the SPLIT program

The SPLIT program offers eligible low income Halton residents with a subsidy for part of their local travel expenses.

Eligibility and documents needed to apply

The following individuals may qualify for the SPLIT program:

Documents needed to apply

When you submit your application, you will be asked for personal information and proof of income.
For proof of income, you will need a Notice of Assessment (NOA), which is provided by the Canadian Revenue Agency (CRA). For more information about this document and/or filing your taxes, visit the CRA website:

A copy of your NOA must be received within 10 business days of submitting your application. Applications with missing documentation are considered incomplete and will be closed after 10 business days. If you will not be able to submit the documents within 10 business days, please apply when your documents are ready.

Apply for the SPLIT program

To apply, use our online application tool or call 311.

Your SPLIT application may take up to 15 minutes to complete, depending on your eligibility and availability of supporting documents.

Check status or submit documents

Registration Confirmation Number is required to view the status of your application.

Frequently asked questions (FAQs)

  • Staff will contact you and advise what additional information you need to provide.
  • Once your information is reviewed, staff will let you know if you qualify.
  • Your eligibility will be assessed annually.

The SPLIT program is only for public transit (buses) including Handi-Van, Care-A-Van, ActiVan and the taxi scrip program operated by the Town of Halton Hills. It does not include any other types of transportation (such as GO Transit, taxi services, etc.).

SPLIT users benefit from a transfer agreement which will allow them to travel into Hamilton or Peel Region using “transfers”. The trip must be completed within a two-hour period.

Once you qualify, you can buy your bus pass or tickets at:




Halton Hills